Monday, February 1, 2010

Chaos On the Home Front! T-16 days!!

We have been busy around here! We have 3 of the bedrooms painted and the dining room as well. The rooms are all packed up . The carpet people are comming on the 12th. All I need to do is pack the essiental, my kitchen and my bedroom.

The countdown is on at work as well. I only have 2 weeks left!!! The last week Is going to be spent in the Floral Department with a good friend having fun. What a way to end 13 years at a company!!!!

School has been going very well considering all the moving. I just got word that a lady in the new town we are moving to maybe starting up a "homeschool" girlscout troop and my Madison is just the right age!! I have to give BIG Kudos to http://www.time4learning.com/ if it was not for this site a lot of schooling would be non existant! They have a great program and the price is good as well. My son and Daughter both love it. Most of my books are packed up so this site has been a life saver!!

I also found a new Homeschool tracker that stores the info online . It is pretty simple to use and FREE!!! Homeschool Skedtrack: http://www.homeschoolskedtrack.com/. I like being able to print out a daily check off sheet and when the get older it will be easier to give them assingments as well.

I am deciding on my curriculum choices for next year and am a bit up in the air. We do well with LIFEPACS. Alot of people seem to be so against them but so far we have enjoyed them. Except math. We will be using Horizons math. I think I am also going to try Explode The Code for phonics. We use T4L year round as well.

I am hoping living in Houston we will see more and do more. My plans are to buys Houston Zoo Annual passes as well as Sea world and a water park annual pass. Since we will not have jobs right off the bat I want to have something lined up for the kids to do.

Last but not least I am back on my saving journey. I am learning the art of Reward bucks at CVS and really liking them. Also REDBOX is awesome. I code my 1st free monday text today and the kids are watching Sponge Bob then I treated my self to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I am saving the coupons up. I figure my mom and I can get Dangerous if we team up with our coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment